Wednesday, October 15, 2008

iTunes is going to bankrupt me

I just got a usable computer to start the semester; before this I had a used Linux platform. And I know next to nothing about electronics, so I couldn't figure out how to run mp3s on it. And don't bother posting comments about how to run stuff in Linux: I do not want to know anymore.

So I've been filling up my hard drive with music, and I found some pretty cool stuff, if a bit wierd. I just downloaded Lucky Dragons, and a couple days ago I downloaded Fleet Foxes after seeing their show at the Pabst. And I've also discovered Republic Tigers. This may not seem a lot to you with actual jobs, but grad students without jobs, like me, have to rely on their student loans, which you don't get more of until the next semester. Now that I've discovered a way to find good music again, I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself.

Anyways, if you want to get something wierd, go download some songs by Lucky Dragons. I discovered them on the Believer's annual music issue. The song that I first heard (Complement Song) sounds like a basket full of puppies while a Chinese string-and-chime trio plays along. No, I'm serious, go download it now on iTunes, I'm not exaggerating.

Plus I've been listening to "Buildings and Mountains" by the Republic Tigers far too frequently this past weekend. Let's see if I can figure out how to embed the video for that:

UPDATE: iTunes just released all of Radiohead's EP's. I'm not going to have any money left.

No comments: