Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My vote is cast!

So I finally got around to voting (via absentee ballot). Since I recently moved into a new neighborhood (go Riverwest), I had to re-register.

And since there were so many people trying to register and vote, it took me nearly an hour to cast mine. An hour. And this is a week before the general election day. I can't imagine the lines that will be forming a week from today!

The encouraging thing is that there were so many first-time voters there, and I'd say at least half of them were black. So it's a good thing that so many people in Milwaukee have, I think, claimed this election as their own. Let's hope our new government is up to the task. I voted Obama (also Moore for Congress), so there's one in the bag for him.

So if you can, vote early! That way the lines won't be as long on election day, and more people can get time to vote.

No comments: