Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I'm reading for Grad School...

So it was my birthday yesterday, and I got a whole mess of books--I have to give a shout out to Harry Schwartz Bookstore, Milwaukee's independent bookseller since 1927--and they're all really good. Er, actually, my parents got me a $75 gift card, with which I got myself a stack of what I really wanted to read.

But I'm a first-year grad student, and, instead I get to read the following:

Does Scale Exist? An Epistemological Scale Continuum for Human-Environment Systems

The limits to scale? Methodological reflections on scalar structuration

The social construction of scale

Human geography without scale

An overview of scale, pattern process relationships in geomorphology: a remote sensing and GIS prespective

PLUS a selection from the textbook

And they're all as dense and boring as you'd expect.

I like grad school, and I like geography (my field). I like the people, and I like all the professors, which definitely includes the professor who teaches this class. But.... oh geez, it gets boring when you're a first year and can't choose your classes.

No comments: